Wrapping up his debut season in the SuperEnduro World Championship in the best possible way, Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Colton Haaker has become the 2015/16 FIM SuperEnduro World Champion.
Putting the finishing touches to an impressive championship campaign Haaker earned a close second overall at the final round of the series in Madrid, coming out on top of the three-way title showdown. The racing action in Las Rozas started with Haaker getting a good start in the opening final, with the American going on to place third at the finish.
With his confidence high having provisionally gained control of the championship standings, the Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing rider battled with Cody Webb to finish as runner-up in the night’s second final. Despite a bad start in the third and last Prestige race, Colton battled his way to the front to claim the race win and with it the 2015/16 FIM SuperEnduro World Championship.
Haaker’s Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing teammate Mario Roman gave a strong performance at his home GP. Fighting for the podium in each of the three finals the Spaniard earned 5/4/4 results to finish fifth overall. Collecting valuable points Mario climbed to a strong fifth place in the final championship standings.
In the Junior class, Husqvarna supported riders Tim Apolle and Blake Gutzeit rounded out the SuperEnduro season in third and fourth places respectively.
“I’m pretty pumped for winning the World Championship. It’s just so nice to see all that hard work paying off. Honestly, this season was just insane. It was my rookie year racing the series, so I knew I had a lot to learn. I started the championship with a fourth overall in Poland, and then kept building on that. Since Poland I never missed the overall podium. The final in Madrid was just another crazy night of racing and it all came down to the last corners of the last lap. I made a last lap pass to Cody (Webb) and that was for the championship. It was a super exciting moment and I’m pretty sure the fans loved it too. To win the world title means a lot to me and proves that we were ready to do it. Despite fighting hard until the end I’ve enjoyed this championship a lot. I can’t wait to be back next year.”
“It was a great feeling to have all my friends and family cheering me on here in Madrid. My riding was good throughout the night. I’ve learned a lot this season and I believe it showed in my results. Every round and every race I competed in I was getting better and better. I think I could have won the opening race in Madrid if I didn’t get stuck behind a lapper. I did my best after that and crossed the line in fifth. Then on the second and third final I kept improving and got two fourth place finishes. I’m happy with the way the season evolved. I now have the experience needed and I’m also feeling a lot more confident to fight for the podium in the SuperEnduro World Championship in the future.”
2015/16 FIM SuperEnduro World Championship Standings
1. Colton Haaker (Husqvarna) 292pts; 2. Cody Webb (KTM) 287pts; 3. Jonny Walker (KTM) 270pts; 4. Taylor Robert (KTM) 231pts; 5. Alfredo Gomez (KTM) 221pts; 6. Mario Roman (Husqvarna) 176pts
Results – FIM SuperEnduro World Championship Round 6, Spain
Prestige – Overall Classification
1. Cody Webb (KTM) 53pts; 2. Colton Haaker (Husqvarna) 52pts; 3. Alfredo Gomez (KTM) 38pts; 4. Taylor Robert (KTM) 38pts; 5. Mario Roman (Husqvarna) 37pts
Prestige – Final 1
1. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM) 9 laps, 07:33.369; 2. Alfredo Gomez (KTM) 07:35.342; 3. Colton Haaker (Husqvarna) 07:36.878; 4. Cody Webb (KTM) 07:39.826; 5. Mario Roman (Husqvarna) 07:52.469
Prestige – Final 2
1. Cody Webb (KTM) 9 laps, 07:18.467; 2. Colton Haaker (Husqvarna) 07:25.447; 3. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM) 07:46.208; 4. Mario Roman (Husqvarna) 07:49.111; 5. Taylor Robert (KTM) 07:49.291
Prestige – Final 3
1. Colton Haaker (Husqvarna) 9 laps, 06:58.531; 2. Cody Webb (KTM) 06:59.384; 3. Taylor Robert (KTM) 07:25.028; 4. Mario Roman (Husqvarna) 07:40.259; 5. Alfredo Gomez (KTM) 07:41.060
情報提供元 [ Husqvarna Motorcycles ]
2017/2/16 11:054月より自賠責保険が基本値下がりへ バイクは最大20%近くお得に！自賠責保険（共済）の損害調査を行っている損害保険料率算出機構は、2017年1月17日に金融庁…
2017/2/14 15:30国土交通省、バイクにも急ブレーキ時にテールランプなどが点滅する「緊急制動表示灯」の基準を新設国土交通省は、二輪自動車等に備える緊急制動表示灯の基準を新設し、発表した。 平成2…
2017/2/9 15:40注目の新ブランド「SWM」試乗会速報レポート イタリアンブランドの血統を受け継ぐモデルたち2015年、EICMAでの発表を機にブランドの復活を宣言 1971年に創業されたイタリアのモー…