MAX NAGL FINISHES THIRD IN ITALIAN CHAMPIONSHIP WITH MAX ANSTIE PLACING SECOND OVERALL IN MX2 AT VALENCE INTERNATIONAL MX
Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing have wrapped up their pre-season racing activities in style with Max Nagl competing in the final round of the Italian MX championship and MX2 teammates Max Anstie and Thomas Covington contesting the Valence International Motocross in France.
The sandy circuit of Ottobiano hosted the third and final round of the Internazionali d’Italia MX 2016, where Max Nagl powered his Husqvarna FC 450 to two holeshots – leading the pack during the early laps of the MX1 race and Elite final. Enjoying another highly productive day ahead of a long season of MXGP competition the German delivered two strong rides to end up third in both motos.
The ideal warm up for the upcoming world championship season, Nagl concluded his participation in the Italian motocross series with third overall in both the MX1 and Elite standings. Nagl’s teammate Christophe Charlier was forced to postpone his competitive debut aboard the FC 450. Despite his absence the Frenchman is confirmed to be present for the MXGP opener in Qatar.
Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s MX2 riders Max Anstie and Thomas Covington were among a strong line-up of international riders contesting the annual Valence International MX.
Continuing to build on his speed and consistency Anstie mixed it up with the top guys in MX2. Battling his way from eighth on lap one of the opening moto, Anstie reached the finish in third. The Englishman came back stronger in the second MX2 race, ending up as runner-up behind Jeffrey Herlings. A small mistake off the start of the mixed MX1/MX2 Superfinal ended Anstie’s chances of a good end to the day.
After a promising start to the event, with the third fastest time in qualifying, Thomas Covington was confident of battling for an MX2 podium result. While running third in the opening race the American suffered severe muscular pain in his lower back. Feeling better at the end of the event, Covington will undergo further examinations ahead of the year’s first GP in Qatar. Working hard ahead of his EMX 250 debut aboard the FC 250 Conrad Mewse mixed it up with the MX2 riders earning two ninth place finishes.
Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing team riders will now head to Qatar for the start to the 2016 FIM Motocross World Championship on February 26/27.
“We got two great starts today and that was really important. It shows how good my Husqvarna is. Overall, I couldn’t be any happier with the development of my FC 450. We’ve worked hard during the past two weeks and I’m feeling that we’re on the right path for Qatar. In terms of my riding I felt OK today. We might lack a bit of speed but it’s coming already week-by-week. The only thing to do now is to continue working to get faster. We have a week and a half before Qatar so there’s a bit of time to prepare the last few details. Having everything in the right order gives me great confidence. I can’t wait for the MXGP season to begin.”
“Today was another good day and we made some more steps in the right direction. We tried some different settings with suspension and I’m confident now we have a very good base for the season. The weekend didn’t start that well. I had a big rock hit my face, smashing some of me teeth during time training. But we managed to turn things around and I felt good in both MX2 races. I’m glad I ended up with a 3rd and a 2nd. In the Superfinal I made a mistake and hit neutral over the start gate. At the end of the day we’ve come out from the pre-season races quite good I believe. I feel strong ahead of Qatar. I believe that soon after Qatar and Thailand we’ll be 100% ready to push for the results.”
“I was feeling really good on the bike this weekend and managed to get the third fastest time in today’s morning qualifying practise. Then in the first race, while I was running in third place, something happened with my body. I felt a sudden pinch on my back and then my lower back just locked out. I wasn’t able to move anymore, let alone finish the race. I spent the rest of the day in the team truck trying to relax and things did get a bit better. But now the plan is to go see a doctor to have everything sorted out by Qatar.”
Results – Internazionali d’Italia Motocross 2016, Round 3
1. Jeremy Van Horebeek (Yamaha) 16 laps, 30:18.700; 2. Evgeny Bobryshev (Honda) 30:27.023; 3. Max Nagl (Husqvarna) 30:37.208… 16. Klemen Gercar (Husqvarna) 15 laps, 31:47.234… 19. Thomas Marini (Husqvarna) 32:53.148… 21. Nicolas Bender (Husqvarna) 30:30.481
1. Evgeny Bobryshev (Honda) 16 laps, 30:38.057; 2. Jeremy Van Horebeek (Yamaha) 30:39.724; 3. Max Nagl (Husqvarna) 31:21.982… 22. Klemen Gercar (Husqvarna) 15 laps, 32:24.563… 30. Davide Bonini (Husqvarna) 14 laps, 31:41.303… 32. Thomas Marini (Husqvarna) 32:36.454
Championship Standings (Final)
1. Jeremy Van Horebeek (Yamaha) 320pts; 2. Evgeny Bobryshev (Honda) 300pts; 3. Max Nagl (Husqvarna) 225pts… 14. Thomas Marini (Husqvarna) 77pts… 19. Klemen Gercar (Husqvarna) 43pts
1. Evgeny Bobryshev (Honda) 240pts; 2. Jeremy Van Horebeek (Yamaha) 220pts; 3. Max Nagl (Husqvarna) 160pts… 17. Davide Bonini (Husqvarna) 39pts… 22. Thomas Marini (Husqvarna) 30pts…
Results – Valence International MX 2016
MX2 – Race 1
1. Jeffrey Herlings (KTM) 13 laps, 24:19.692; 2. Jeremy Seewer (Suzuki) 24:35.281; 3. Max Anstie (Husqvarna) 24:36.882… 9. Conrad Mewse (Husqvarna) 25:40.935
MX2 – Race 2
1. Jeffrey Herlings (KTM) 13 laps, 24:11.901; 2. Max Anstie (Husqvarna) 24:32.005; 3. Jeremy Seewer (Suzuki) 24:34.752… 9. Conrad Mewse (Husqvarna) 25:21.019
1. Jeffrey Herlings (KTM) 13 laps, 23:39.836; 2. Shaun Simpson (KTM) 23:42.292; 3. Kevin Strijbos (Suzuki) 24:30.803… 17. Conrad Mewse (Husqvarna) 12 laps, 24:12.905; 18. Max Anstie (Husqvarna) 24:19.096
情報提供元 [ Husqvarna Motorcycles ]
2017/4/20 19:11【EVA RT Webike TRICKSTAR】世界耐久選手権第2戦 ルマン24時間耐久 諦めない走りを貫き12位で完走■大会名 ルマン24時間耐久レース ■開催地 フランス・ルマン ■開催期間 …
2017/4/19 10:40桜とカタナ [みなぎさんツーリング日記]ユーザー：みなぎさん 車種名：SUZUKI GSX250S カタナ 期間：2017…
2017/4/18 9:47ドゥカティの魅力をビギナー向けに昇華させた、モンスター797【和歌山利宏：モーターサイクルジャーナリスト】 ドゥカティの「持ち味」「個性」の共通認…
2017/4/17 14:35[Team KAGAYAMA]スズキ・アジアン・チャレンジ第2戦、藤田哲弥選手が今シーズン初優勝多重クラッシュの中、唯一後ろを振りかえらずにチェッカー FIMアジアロードレース選手権 (…