Looking to mix things up with the international elite Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Max Nagl contested the second round of the Italian motocross championship while MX2 teammates Max Anstie and Thomas Covington headed to the Hawkstone International in Great Britain.
Delivering a strong performance in the opening Internazionali d’Italia MX1 race Nagl battled his way from fifth at the end of the first lap to an eventual third place. Grabbing the holeshot in the combined MX1/MX2 race Nagl put in a strong ride to finish third. Nagl is now third in the points standings ahead of the series’ third and final event in Ottobiano next weekend, where he will be joined by his teammate Christophe Charlier.
Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing teammates Max Anstie and Thomas Covington took a trip to Great Britain to contest the 2016 edition of the Hawkstone International MX.
Racing the Husqvarna FC 250 for the first time on home soil Anstie started the day with the second fastest time in the morning qualification session. Ending up fifth in the first MX2 race the Englishman came back stronger in race two. After a convincing holeshot he crossed the line in second position to end the day with a highly positive third overall.
Pushing hard in the mixed MX1/MX2 Superfinal Anstie held an impressive lead for most part of the race before an unfortunate series of events resulted in him not finishing the race.
After a promising start to his day with the third fastest qualifying lap, Anstie’s teammate Thomas Covington experienced a fair amount of bad fortune, which didn’t allow him to demonstrate his full potential. The American claimed 13th and eighth place finishes to end up 11th overall in MX2.
The Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing team members will be back in action on February 14 at the third round of the Internazionali d’Italia MX in Ottobiano and at the Motocross International Valence in France
“It was a good day and the results give confidence for the season. We did a lot of suspension testing the week before the race and I’m really pleased with the progress we made. It was important that I managed to have good starts as well. I was up front in the first start of the MX1 race before it was red flagged and then got the holeshot in the Elite’s final race. Everyone is really fast so it’s important to get good starts. It shows that we’ve reached a great level with the power of our FC 450. I’m looking forward to the next round in Ottobiano.”
“Today has been another step in the right direction. It was a perfect warm up race to prepare for the long season ahead. I’m satisfied with the bike and all the great effort done by my team. Along with a holeshot and a second place in race two, I’m happy with my speed in the final. I was leading the race but accidentally hit the start button and it got stuck behind the front brake. I stopped to see what’s going on and fell over. The engine stopped and I couldn’t get it going again. We’re heading to Valence now and I think we’re in a very good position before Qatar.”
“Overall I’m happy with my riding. We worked hard with the team over the last couple of weeks and made progress. Today we just had lots of bad luck. A crash dropped me a few places in race one so I ended up 13th. Then in the second MX2 moto I went down in the third corner and had to fight from last to eighth. To finish up a luckless day someone crashed into me in the final and broke my shifter. But I’d rather have bad luck here than in the World Championship. We have one more race in Valence and I’m sure everything should be perfect by Qatar.”
Results – Internazionali d’Italia Motocross 2016, Round 2
1. Evgeny Bobryshev (Honda) 18 laps, 29:36.830; 2. Jeremy Van Horebeek (Yamaha) 29:39.510; 3. Max Nagl (Husqvarna) 29:53.011… 11. Thomas Marini (Husqvarna) 17 laps, 30:31.277
1. Jeremy Van Horebeek (Yamaha) 18 laps, 29:51.651; 2. Evgeny Bobryshev (Honda) 29:56.087; 3. Max Nagl (Husqvarna) 30:06.154… 14. Davide Bonini (Husqvarna) 17 laps, 30:23.628… 19. Filippo Grigoletto (Husqvarna) 31:15.349; 20. Thomas Marini (Husqvarna) 31:25.951… 23. Gabriele Arbini (Husqvarna) 29:55.465
Championship Standings (After Rnd2)
1. Evgeny Bobryshev (Honda) 200pts; 2. Jeremy Van Horebeek (Yamaha) 200pts; 3. Max Nagl (Husqvarna) 145pts… 12. Thomas Marini (Husqvarna) 55pts… 18. Rui Goncalves (Husqvarna) 30pts… 28. Klemen Gercar (Husqvarna) 18pts
1. Evgeny Bobryshev (Honda) 220pts; 2. Jeremy Van Horebeek (Yamaha) 200pts; 3. Max Nagl (Husqvarna) 120pts… 22. Davide Bonini (Husqvarna) 32pts… 24. Max Anstie (Husqvarna) 30pts… 27. Thomas Marini (Husqvarna) 26pts… 36. Conrad Mewse (Husqvarna) 18pts; 37. Thomas Covington (Husqvarna) 17pts… 41. Rui Goncalves (Husqvarna) 15pts
Results – Hawkstone International MX 2016
MX2 – Race 1
1. Jeffrey Herlings (KTM) 11 laps, 27:57.298; 2. Davy Pootjes (KTM) 28:24.263; 3. Ben Watson (KTM) 28:27.673… 5. Max Anstie (Husqvarna) 28:35.311… 13. Thomas Covington (Husqvarna) 30:04.578
MX2 – Race 2
1. Jeffrey Herlings (KTM) 11 laps, 27:47.870; 2. Max Anstie (Husqvarna) 28:15.878; 3. Jeremy Seewer (Suzuki) 28:34.699… 8. Thomas Covington (Husqvarna) 29:42.836
MX2 – Overall
1. Jeffrey Herlings (KTM) 40pts; 2. Davy Pootjes (KTM) 30pts; 3. Max Anstie (Husqvarna) 28pts… 11. Thomas Covington (Husqvarna) 11pts
情報提供元 [ Husqvarna Motorcycles ]
2017/4/27 17:53【新製品】SP忠男、CBR250RR用のPOWERBOX Titan＆Carbonマフラーを発売メインパイプとBoxの絶妙なバランス SP忠男は、CBR250RR(17)用となるPOWE…
2017/4/27 17:51【新製品】奥まった場所の作業に！KTCが「ネプロス ロングコンビネーション レンチ」を発売より軽い力で、奥まった場所の作業ができる 高品質な工具を提供するKTC(京都機械工具)は、…
2017/4/27 16:05【新製品】HJC、マーベルグラフィックヘルメット「スパイダーマン」「ベノム」を発売MARVELコミックオフィシャル、限定グラフィックモデル HJCヘルメット代理店のRSタイ…
2017/4/26 17:20【気になるバイクを徹底インプレ！】「ヤマハ エキサイター150」シャープなデザインと、力強い走りが魅力！欲しいバイクがきっと見つかる！「ウェビックバイク選び」のスタッフが試乗して「普通のライダー目線」のレ…